I was tagged by Rachel Singer-Gordon. Eight random things about me — here we go!
1. I love where I live because I walk to work (20 minutes) and to groceries (about 2 minutes) without being stuck in the middle of a big smoggy city (nor paying the exorbitant rent).
2. I’ve switched to Chai/Chamomile/Yerba Mate tea for my “second coffee.” I’m hoping it calms me a bit more.
3. I’m a really good D.J. at parties with a knack for getting 15-year-olds to dance to songs that 70+ year-olds like and vice-versa. It’s all in the transition. If you blend the songs well, people will forget they are dancing to Tony Orlando. 🙂
4. In grade 11 I was all about Chemistry; in 12 it was all about English and languages; in my undergrad I took English, but did best in History and Stats. Then I took alot of economics and public policy via a public administration degree to go along with my MLIS. All the while, I TA’d a Music Appreciation class and sang in a Jazz quartet. And my job is all about web design and technology planning. I don’t really know what I’m good at. 🙂
5. I love spiders and like to throw crane flies into their webs for their lunch. I know — poor crane flies.
6. I like to dance, so I usually found myself going to gay bars when I was in my party days (a guy like me can dance in a gay bar and not get beaten up) . I’m also very good at assessing a lighting situation so I can be well lit at the right times.
7. It’s very rare that I watch movies of any sort. It’s either War and Peace or a brainless blockbuster, and even then I am very selective. I like Tim Burton though.
8. I like barley, but I’m afraid it might make me go into anaphylactic shock one day. I’ve certainly found myself blowing up like a balloon after eating it.