- Yes, I will be at CiL and definitely want to chat with you. Just say “hello!”
- I just got my copy of Walt Crawford’s Balanced Libraries: Thoughts on Continuity and Change. What I didn’t realize is that a good lot of Other Librarian posts are cited in there. So, obviously I’m going to review and obviously I’m going to be positive. Unless Walt disagrees with me of course. 🙂
- As a addition to #2, I think Walt’s approach to blogging and publishing is very interesting. It is an excellent idea to go back on the biblioblogosphere and see where the contradictions, predictions and ideas go in the long run. To a degree, blogs (ones that are regularly updated, anyway) are necessarily a reaction to the environment. It is nice to reflect on what is hiding under all that fog in the end.
- Eye allergies started today, just in time to go see a whole lot of people I admire. I’m hoping very much not to have to be drugged for any amount of the presentations.
- Our son has been throw-up-y this evening, just in time to make us anxious about leaving him for a couple of days. He seems in good spirits and we suspect is has to do with a bunch of chocolate he ate today. We hope so!
- I’ve decided not to bring my laptop to Washington, so I will not be blogging during presentations. I will post my notes after the fact, though — maybe with some thoughtful analysis too. I might pick my three favs and share those instead of blogging *everything*. That’s because a) so many people are likely going to be blogging as well and b) a good lot of presenters are the types who would share their powerpoints anyway.